----- A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or
that he doesn't "relate" well to people. Why...he
is after all.. handsome, has a beautiful wife.....isn't that enough
to ensure popularity for most Americans?
After much research, The Top Ten list to explain his
Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney
1. Successful, self-made businessman. (Dad didn't give him a hand-out; he
and Ann had to make it on their own)
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been FAITHFUL to her.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can't speak in a fake southern black preacher voice when necessary.
5. Puts his dog on the car as opposed to eating dogs. (As Obama did in
6. Has pots of money (made it all himself) and since nobody else in this
country has any desire to have pots of money....we don't like him!!!
7. Has a family of great boys....none of them are in drug rehab.
8. Doesn't smoke (even in secret), drink alcohol or do drugs (not even in
college, where other people were NOT inhaling)
9. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went
to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS! (We can't
relate to such an anachronism.)
10. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. That horrible religion that teaches it's
members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable,
self-reliant, honest, upright and MORAL!
And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to
ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money ALL BY
HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it (as in John Kerry) or inheriting it
from Dad (as in Jack, Robert & Ted Kennedy.) We didn't understand that
actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to
I want to add a couple more small points that probably are not appreciated
by most people. His life history is out there and easily accessed for
everyone to read. He has NOT spent millions to hide his past and close his
files. There are many who know him from his past and can readily respond to
his history. His Social Security Card and other identification papers are
easily accessed and authenticated. You can find people who have been his
life long friends and not one of them belongs to a Socialist or Communist
party. All this is in stark contrast to what we now have in the White House
and yet, the Left would have you believe we have nothing in common with Mitt